The International Taiji & Qigong Federation (ITQF) understands that any information you trust us with is important to you. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect your personal information during the course of providing services to you, under what situations we might disclose your information within our Federation and to others and how we keep it secure.
- We only collect information about you where it is completely necessary and where you have consented
- We will not send you information about courses, events and merchandising without your permission
- We will not share or sell your information to third parties
- We will protect your personal information with technical and organisational measures
- We retain your information only for as long as it is needed
Information we collect
We need information about you:
- when you apply for your ITQF membership - Instructors need to provide us with information to ensure that they meet our Instructor eligibility criteria
- We need contact details to reply to your queries and to deal with requests to attend central courses and events
Information we share
- We compile a register of accredited Instructors of the ITQG and share the club and contact details on the ITQF for public access and reference- We retain a list of registered instructors and their contact details
- We compile a register of attendees for courses and central events. This is available to course and event leaders
- Where we have concerns about Safeguarding, we will share information with the appropriate authorities in accordance with our safeguarding policy. (A copy of which is on our website.)
We work hard to keep your information safe, for example, hard copy is stored in locked filing cabinets. Electronic information is encrypted and/or password protected. Information is not stored beyond the period it is needed.
We collect information about you through our website membership application process or through the post on the members application form.
How can you manage cookies?
Removing cookies from your device
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited.
Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
Managing site-specific cookies
For more detailed control over site-specific cookies, check the privacy and cookie settings in your preferred browser
You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page. And some services and functionalities may not work properly at all (e.g. profile logging-in).
Access to Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We will provide this information within a month of your request once your identity has been verified. You also have the right to contact us if you believe the information we hold is incorrect or if you believe we no longer need to hold your information. All enquiries should be made to the Secretary of the ITQF.
This policy is reviewed regularly and approved by the ITQF Executive Committee annually. It is made available on the ITQF web-site.
Approved by the ITQF Committee on __________________________ Version:______________